ІІІ курс

Термін виконання з 13-17 квітня

‘The world of painting’

       
1.Add a sentence with the Past Perfect using the notes:
1.We rushed to the station, but we were too late.
……………………………………………………….. (the train| just| go)
  1. I did not have an umbrella, but that did not matter.
………………………………………… (the train| stop)
  1. When I got to the concert hall, they would not let me in.
…………………………………………… ( forget| my ticket).
  1. Someone got the number of the car the raiders used.
………………………………………. (steal| it | a week before)
  1. I was really pleased to see Rachel again yesterday.
…………………………………………. (not see | her | for ages )
  1. Luckily the flat did not look too bad when my parents called in.
………………………………………….. (just | clean | it )
  1. The boss invited me to lunch yesterday, but I had to refuse the invitation.
……………………………………….. ( already | eat | my sandwiches)
8. Claire looked very suntanned when I saw her last week.
………………………………………..(just | be on holiday)

2. Add a sentence with the Past Perfect Continuous to explain why. Use the verbs:  lie| in the sun; cry; drive  |too fast; drive; play | with matches; stand | under a tree;
 1. Claire got burnt. -…………………………………………………………..
  2. Vicky looked upset.-……………………………………………….
 3. Henry was stopped by police.-…………………………………………..
4. The children started a fire.-………………………………………..
5. A young man was struck by lightning.-…………………………….
3.       Translate into English:
1.       експонат, показ;
2.       виставка, експозиція;
3.       бароко;
4.       напрямок, тенденція, спрямування;
5.       малювати портрет;
6.       натюрморт;
7.       уривок;
8.       присвячувати;
9.       авангард;
10.   попередник;
11.   старожитність, памятка старовини;
12.   розрізняти, вирізняти ;
 1. Write the two sentences as one. Use when and the Past Perfect in either the first or the second part of the sentence.
1. I took the book back to the library. I read it.-………………………………….
2. The students did the experiment. They wrote a report on it.-…………………
3. Nick saved enough money. He bought a motorbike.-………………………
4. I looked both ways. I pulled out into the road.-…………………………….
5. The golfers went into the clubhouse. They played the last hole.-………………

2. Put in the Past Perfect Continuous or the Past Perfect of the verbs.
A) Emma went into the sitting room. It was empty, but the television was still on. Someone ……1…….(watch) it.
B) I …2……(play) tennis, so I had a shower. I was annoyed because I …3..(not win) a single game.
C) The walkers finally arrived at their destination. They…4……..(walk) all day, and they certainly needed a rest. They…5…..(walk) thirty minutes. 
D) When I saw Nick last week, he said he…6..(stop) smoking . But when I saw him two days later, he was smoking a cigarette. He looked rather ashamed.
E) When Melanie arrived at David’s place, he was lying on the sofa reading a detective novel. He …7…….(buy) it at the second-hand bookshop, and he…8…(read) it for most of the afternoon.

3. Translate into English:
1.  надихати;
2. ілюстрований часопис;
3. пейзаж;
4. фреска;
5. сільський пейзаж;
6. шедевр;
7. Ренесанс;
8. шляхетний, знатний, благородний;
9. Візантія;
10. жанр;
11. розповсюджувати;
12. виставляти на показ;

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

Завдання для ІІ курсу

III курс